Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 21 March 2011

Info Post

An avid snowboarder, I purchased one of those helmet-mounted video camcorders in order record my athletic feats over a year ago. The one I purchased was called ContourHD and it can be mounted on the snowboard helmet and set to record by the press of a button.

It was at some point boarding down a black diamond trail that I had an epiphany... Why not use this helmet mountable camcorder in order to record surgical procedures in the operating room?

And... So I did with a few modifications to allow magnified narrow-angle shots... And I wrote a paper on it which was recently published in ENT Journal in March 1, 2011.

In any case, below is a picture of my creation mounted on a surgical headlight.

Read the article here (free registration required). Pubmed link is here.

See the full list of publications by Dr. Chang here.





0 comments:

Post a Comment